Pedestrian safety is a major concern at companies with vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Although physical barriers can be very helpful, there are going to be areas and circumstances in which pedestrians are exposed to the hazards of vehicles. This is where an RFID Proximity Warning and Alert System can significantly increase safety.
How Does It Work?
Zonesafe uses radio frequency identification (RFID) technology that creates detection zones around vehicles, assets, crossing points and walkways.
Active RFID tags are worn by personnel, fitted to assets or set up around hazards. They are identified by the system when entering the detection zone. This triggers an audible and visual alert, warning vehicle operators of the tag’s close proximity to the vehicle. ZoneSafe tags do not require line of sight and will be detected regardless of obstructions, blind spots or poor visibility.
- 360 Degree Detection
- Single or Multiple Detection Zones
- 10-30 Foot Detection Range
- Option for Tags with Vibration Built In to Warn the Pedestrian as Well (Vibratags have up to 3 months battery life with a single charge)
- Detection Regardless of Obstruction
- Event Data and Logging
What Does a System Consist of?
A control unit and an antenna are mounted on the vehicle:
Pedestrians each carry an RFID tag:
What are Some of the Applications of Zonesafe?
- Vehicle to Person Alert – Protect personnel from accidental vehicle collisions and identify near miss occurrences.
- Walkway Alert – Warn pedestrians using walkways of approaching vehicles.
- Crossing Alert – Warn pedestrians at crossings of an approaching vehicle.
- Vehicle Detection System – Long range vehicle to vehicle detection.
- Asset Protection – Protect assets from accidental vehicle collisions.
- Vehicle Access Control – Control vehicle access to restricted areas.
- Personnel Access Control – Controlled and security access for doors and turnstiles.
This vehicle demonstrates many of these applications: Zonesafe Applications Video
Is Zonesafe Easy to Implement and Affordable?
Bulwark makes the implementation of Zonesafe easy with our installation team. As an example, a basic 3 forklift system with 10 RFID tags would be less than $10,000 complete with installation. Compared to the cost of many other guarding solutions, or the cost of an accident, Zonesafe is very affordable. Zonesafe is also easily expandable.
Let us know if you need further information or would like to see a demo.
Tags: ForkliftSafety IndustrialSafety PedestrianSafety VehicleAlert zonesafe